Thursday, September 9, 2010

Take a look, it's in a book!


I love children's books - particularly the illustrations. The CPR class I took the other day was held in an elementary school. I was surrounded with kids books and this really cool kid-friendly wallpaper. It got me thinking about my favorite children's book illustrations. What are some of yours?


Cool wallpaper from the CPR class - kids get to draw their own art.


Way better than the movie (sorry Spike Jonze), Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are



We all love Curious George, by Margaret and H.A. Rey


Bread and Jam for Frances, illustration by Lillian Hoban



My brother's favorite, The Sailor Dog, illustrations by Garth Williams



Who doesn't know Eric Carle?



Babar enjoying his bath, illustrated by Jean de Brunhoff



Illustration by Miroslav Sasek, the genius behind This is New York (and more!)









No comments:

Post a Comment