Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday breakfast:

I love lavender shortbread - so I figured I might as well throw some lavender in my Saturday waffles and see what happens.


Lavender Waffles with Blueberry Honey Butter:
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk (I used a milk and greek yogurt mixture)
  • 1/3 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon of dried food-grade lavender
  • 10-15 chocolate chips per waffle (if you like chocolate with your lavender!)
Blueberry-honey butter:
Mix equal parts raw honey, butter and blueberry preserves


Enjoy with strong coffee and NPR on the side for an insightful breakfast!

Happy Saturday!


DSCF4987







No comments:

Post a Comment