Tuesday, May 10, 2011

WARNING!

You might be offended by today's post. I am. It all depends on your feelings about taxidermy. I grew up with furry head friends on the wall - Ted the caribou was my favorite (he even had a Christmas harness!). But I can't say I like it. It's creepy, sad and dark. It does make for some controversial art though! Some of the images I found I can't bring myself to post (if you can handle it, click here).

[sigh] Poor animals.






taxidermy-by-idiots-41


ThomasGrunfeldTaxidermie
Thomas Grünfeld's Misfit



the_dream_hirst
Damien Hirst's The Dream



il_fullxfull.187288995
This is fake. But cool and creepy.
Buy one here on etsy!




squirrel-suicide
Maurizio Cattelan's Bidibidobidiboo



polly-morgan-morning
Polly Morgan's Morning



camel1a

Huma Mulji's Arabian Delight







No comments:

Post a Comment