Thursday, February 4, 2010

My roommate past and my friend present....

Today (and much of this week) I spent part of my day at my friend Kristyn's boutique in Yardley. Kristyn is my ex-roommate from the LES in NYC. We barely knew each other before being roomies. Right when I moved in to the apartment I had decided to go on a spiritual retreat to New Mexico. I had booked the ticket and was all set to go by myself until I told Kristyn all about it and before I knew it she was booking the same flight and off we went on a New Mexican adventure! Complete with white sand dunes, fairy crossings, yoga, energy treatments and lots of bonding.


We left NM so full of positive energy only to get home to an apartment full of MICE!!! LOTS of them. And the worst part was the mice decided to use my bed, under MY pillows as their nest. Lucky for me they left me lots of little presents: TURDS! Now I forgot to mention I am TERRIFIED of the little creatures. Thankfully Kristyn is a real sweetie and let me sleep with her and Bowie until we moved out.

Ok, that was a bit wordy. But the bottom line is Kristyn is wonderful and I am always inspired by her creativity. She is a jewelry designer and a make-up artist. Today we had a little photo session (I felt a little silly, I am not going to lie). She used me as a guinea pig for an upcoming photo shoot. Check it out. I think the make-up looks really pretty and the jewelry too!





Follow Kristyn's blog and be sure to check out her amazing jewelry:
http://kristynapril.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment